Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Habitat Coffee

And so, I've finally decided to start a food blog after much consideration! Do show your support and I'll try my best to update as frequently :)

I've always wanted to give Habitat Coffee a try and today I've finally had the chance to do so as I was in the area. My mom and I headed down in the afternoon around 1pm and boy was it mad packed! 



The bad part about Habitat Coffee is that space is reaaaally limited, especially during peak hours! There were hardly any space left to walk while people were queuing up to make orders. Although there was a "second level" in the store with more seats, it would fill up pretty fast so do come early to avoid waiting! Personally I wouldn't recommend anyone to come during peak hours, unless you want to squeeze with people and shout over to your friends. It was so noisy that I could hardly even hear myself! 


The variety of cakes that Habitat offer, namely Oreo cheesecake, Red Velvet, Tiramusu, Blackforest etc. Pricing ranged from $3.90 up to $8.50 if I did not remember wrongly... As I already had my eyes set on something else in the menu..... hehehe


A regular hazelnut latte ($5.90) for me and macchiato ($3.50) for my mom. 

The coffee came together with this biscuit which I absolutely love! We ended up paying $0.20 for another two more of this biscuits hehe. If anyone knows where to get this please let me know!! I will be forever grateful to you :)


And for my main course- Eggs tomato relish ($15) 
The dish also contains two eggs, baby spinach, bacon, sourdough toast and tomato sauce. The best part is that you get to choose your preferred choice of eggs- either sunny or runny! To enjoy this meal, simply spread the butter on your toast and place the ingredients together! I really love how everything falls together in place. The toast were really crunchy too! 

My mom had the Take Shitake pasta ($12) and she really love it. I tried a mouthful of it and it was not bad. The pasta was cook perfectly in my opinion, it was neither too soft nor hard. However, the overall dish was too mild for my liking. 

We ended our meal with Pick a Date ($12) which is a sticky date pudding with cream butterscotch and vanilla ice-cream. It was really lovely although it was a tad too sweet as compared to the one I had at Marmalade Pantry. It would be great if they put lesser butterscotch sauce, and the vanilla ice cream on the other hand was oh-so-good!


I would highly recommend all of you to give this cafe a try (just not during the peak hours), pricing wise they are all pretty affordable especially for the portion. Service was good too, all the staffs were smiling and really friendly. I could already foresee my next trip down soon! Let me know what you thnk!


Address: 223 Upper Thomson Road
               Nearest mrt: Marymount

Operating hours: Tuesday to Friday: 11am to 10.30pm
                          Saturday to Sunday: 10.30am to 10.30pm
                          (Closed on Mondays)

Contact: +65 6456 2567

No comments:

Post a Comment