Saturday, March 8, 2014

Grub

To celebrate the end of my 3 years in polytechnic, I've decided to drop by Grub since it was pretty near to home. I was here twice, but didn't get to step in to the store in the first visit as the queue was really long and my friend just didn't want to wait. (P.S: Grub does not take reservations!) So after a couple of months later, I'm back here!

All of the staffs were really friendly and they were always smiling and it really lightens my mood too! After scanning through the menu, we've decided on the Mentaiko fries ($9), Crispy fish burger ($14) and Pork steak burger ($13). You can choose either fries, mash or salad as your sides for the burgers. Unfortunately, they didn't allow me to upgrade my fries to mentaiko fries. So I just went along with mash with my crispy fish burger! 

The Mentaiko fries arrived within minutes and it was pipping hot! Well done on the service :) I've heard that Mentaiko fries are the new Truffle fries, but I beg to differ. Truffle fries will still be on my top list, although the Mentaiko fries pretty good too.

Next came the Fish burger and Pork steak burger. First off, both of the burgers were reaally small. For its price, I could easily get a much bigger portion at another cafe. For the taste, it was generally ok but the fish burger can get a tad too dry if you do not dip it in mayo. The pork steak is a little hard for my liking too, but the sauce was perfect. 

Thankfully, I wasn't super hungry that day if not I doubt these small burgers will be able to fulfil my humongous appetite. I can't say for sure that I'll return here any time soon, but who knows! 


Address: 510 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 (Bishan Park 1)
               Nearest mrt: Bishan, then take bus 52 or 410W.

Operating hours: Tuesday to Friday: 5.30pm to 10.30pm
                          Saturday, Sunday & PH: 9am to 4pm, 5.30pm to 10.30pm
                          (Closed on Mondays and the last Tuesday of the month)

Contact: +65 6459 5743

(Grub does not take reservations)

No comments:

Post a Comment